Leaders stand up



 

Photo by Wonderlane on Unsplash

I remember a former GM of mine who in a meeting started to berate the performance of one of my subordinates.

It was my first meeting with him since my boss (who is his direct report) had resigned.

He wasn't spitting facts and was definitely wrong about his assumptions.

I could not in good conscience keep quiet about it. So first, I apologized if there was anything I said or sent to him that gave him that idea and went on to tell him about the important contributions my team member had made so far. If there was anything not up to par it should be on me.

In the end, he said he was just being an as##%l€! (a topic for another time).

As leaders we need to be ready to speak up and stand up for our people. Cheers!

#leadership #people #inspiration

Comments